Discover a Ho Chi Minh City Cyclo Private Tour Half Day
Make like a local and experience Ho Chi Minh City Cyclo Private Tour Half Day using your own two feet and from the seat of a cyclo! Join your local tour guide for a private tour around the city, giving you the opportunity to travel at your own pace and to ask as many questions as you would like! With a combination of foot power and pedal power, you will see the classic sights and quintessential markets of Ho Chi Minh City Cyclo Private Tour Half DayTour like you have never seen them before! We will start walking from the General Post Office, an icon of Saigon, and Notre Dame Cathedral, built by the French during the colonial era. Both structures are fine examples of architecture from the colonial period.
What will we see on Ho Chi Minh City Cyclo Private Tour Half Day
Your Ho Chi Minh City Cyclo Private Tour Half Day takes us past the Reunification Palace previously referred to as the Presidential Palace, and the site of the official South Vietnamese surrender on April 30th, 1975. Although we will not go into the palace, your local guide will tell you all about it and give you the chance to take some photos.
From here we continue our journey to where we will embark on a cyclo tour of Ho Chi Minh City, rolling around the city on a traditional three-wheeled bicycle with a carriage at the front for passengers. A driver use pedal power to push us along, and gives us the opportunity to take in the sights, sounds, and smells of Ho Chi Minh City Cyclo Private Tour Half Day without the barrier of being trapped behind a car window (or the sound of a noisy engine!).
The ride leads us to the bird café at Tao Dan Park, where locals come carrying their caged birds every morning for a true one-of-a-kind sight. This park is also where locals gather to do morning exercises and enjoy the fresh air and shade on sunny days.
Hop back on the cyclo and we will ride toward the crossroads where the famous monk Thich Quang Duc self-immolated in 1963, in protest of the government’s persecution of Buddhists. We will then ride to the very local District 3 and the biggest flower market in the Ho Chi Minh city. We will also visit neighborhoods where a lot of Viet Kieu Cambodians now live in Saigon, giving you a chance to learn more about Southeast Asian history.
Back on the cyclo, it’s non-stop sightseeing as we pass by the ‘pet street,’ Le Hong Phong, and the ‘art and painting street,’ Tran Phu, before bidding our cyclo’s goodbye at Tao Dan Park. Here, we will enjoy a short walk to Saigon’s iconic and authentic Ben Thanh Market; with its unmistakable clock tower, it has long been a staple of the city and is not to be missed.
At the end of your Ho Chi Minh City Cyclo Private Tour Half Day, you are free to continue exploring Ben Thanh market, or your guide will assist you in getting a taxi back to your hotel or providing tips and suggestions for further exploration in the area.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travelers. A solo traveler may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travelers.
- Marvel at colonial architecture at the Notre Dame Cathedral
- Reunification Palace
- Visit to historic 18th-century General Post Office
- Discovery walk through bustling Ben Thành Market
- Thich Quang Duc Statue
- Flower Market
- The art and painting Tran Phu street
- Ben Thanh Market
- Tao Dan Park
- Traditional local food (PHO)
|Departure location:||Opera House or hotels in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City|
|Return location||Opera House or hotels in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City|
|Departure time:||8: 00 AM|
|Return time:||12: 00 PM|
|Wear: Comfortable athletic clothing, shoes or slippers, hat and sunscreen.|
- All entrance fees
- Pick-up and drop off at hotels or private houses in district 1
- Transportation by cyclo (pedicab)
- Finger food at local market
- 1 bottles/ person
- English speaking tour guide
- Travel insurance: $5000 USD/ case/ person
- Personal expenses, tips/ gratuities…
|Number of pax||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
|Price/ pax (USD)||105||62||55||52||50||48||47||47||46|
- You will be picked up at your hotel which is located within district 1, 3, 4. Picking up at other districts might be extra charged.
- Once your purchase is completed, please send us your contact information such as phone number, email address, etc. for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children from 0 – under 5 years old: Free of charge (sharing bed and meals with parents)
- Children from 5 – 10 years old: 70% of adult price (sharing bed with parents and having own meals)
- Children 11 years old upwards: 100% adult price Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Online payment will be processed via website. Once your purchase is completed, please send us your contact information such as phone number, email address, etc. for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If not full payment online, deposit of 30% of the total of the tour can be applied upon confirmation of booking tour. Rest full payment for balance can be applied on arrival
- All the tour packages on this website operate on a pre-payment basis. Payment can be made either using a major credit card as Visa, Mastercard and American Express Credit Card ( It would be charged in 3% fee for Visa, Mastercard or 4% for American Express, 5% for Paypal to the total amount of payment each time).
- Full direct bank transfer will be discount immediately 5% of total amount of cost. After receiving your payment, we will issue you final confirmation itinerary, which can be sent to you by e-mail.
- Flexibility is our strongest point. You can amend your booking when it is made. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking number. Our reservations team is glad to amend your booking accordingly.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Flight delayed, food poisoning, getting sick unable to attend tour. Under those circumstances, we agree to reschedule your start date with an additional charge of 50% of the total tour cost
- The refund is done using the same payment method. In the event of credit cards which are charged monthly, the amount shall be credited at the end of the current invoicing period. The exact time of the refund depends on the user’s credit card agreement. The refund by bank transfer shall be done within seven bank working days.
- Refunds will be always issued through Paypal